Recipe by Pesto lover
I got this recipe from Williams Sonoma Essentials of Mediterranean Cooking. This dessert is really easy and delicious.
- 1 lb black mission fig, stemmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the figs in a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan combine the wine, orange juice, sugar and the seeds from the vanilla bean.
- Over med heat, bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil until slightly thickened and reduced to 3/4 c, about 5 minute.
- Pour over the figs and let stand at room temperature until cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the creme fraiche, honey & vanilla extract on high speed until thick.
- Spoon the fig compote into dessert glasses and top with a dollop of the creme fraiche mixture. Serve at once.