Recipe by KelBel
This is a decadent way to serve eggs for a special brunch or late supper. Can be cooked in egg coddlers or small ramekins. Any type of pate can be used for the foie gras.
- 1⁄2 lb pate foie gras, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter four 4-ounce ramekins or egg coddlers. Cut each piece of fois gras pate into 4 cubes. Divide cubes among prepared dishes.
- Crack 1 egg into each dish, keeping yolks whole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon cream over each egg.
- Sprinkle each with 1/2 tsp tarragon and parsley.
- Cover each dish tightly with foil.
- Fill large skillet with water to depth of 1/2 inch. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Add ramekins.
- Cook until egg whites are firm and yolks are still runny, about 8 minutes. Remove ramekins from water; remove foil and wipe ramekins dry.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of truffle oil on each egg. Serve with buttered toast.