Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Besides meat this is a nice addition to oil based potato Salads.
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried French tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried summer savory
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and crush with your fingers, of if you wish for a powder place in a spice grinder.
I made this as a component of Diana's Osso Bucco recipe. It is exquisite. The lavender, with help from the fennel, puts it head and shoulders above any other spice mixture I've tried. Elegant!
I sprinkled this on chicken tenders and grilled them to top a salad. It was great! Also nice to give away for gifts.
This is exactly like "HERBS DE PROVENCE" whick I order from www.penzeys.com I get all my spices from there, they are the best around.Ingrid