Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's one from my archives...Yum!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- oil, for frying...
- Combine first five ingredients in a sauce and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the flour all at once and cook a minute or two, stirring only until the dough leaves the sides of the pan.
- Now, turn this into a small mixing bowl and allow it cool slightly.
- Add egg, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Drop by teaspoons into the hot oil.
- The oil should be approximately (365*) The balls will brown and then slightly crack.
- Make sure they are evenly brown around.
- This will be about 3-4 min.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Before they are completely cool dust lightly in confectioners sugar.
- Best eaten that day!