Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great O & V dressing perfectly suited to dieters of all kinds. If the dressing is too tart for you, please feel free to add a little extra sugar. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (Coleman's preferred)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups salad oil (I like olive oil)
- If using garlic, soak in vinegar for 1/2 hour; discard clove.
- Mix dry ingredients together and place in a covered jar or bottle.
- Add vinegar to dry ingredients.
- Pour in the oil, slowly.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Before serving, shake vigorously for two minutes.