Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A classic! This dressing is the accompaniment to Chef Salad. I used this pretty often as a normal, everyday dressing. Can be stored in the fridge for 3 days. Remember, egg is always optional. Have fun!
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients in a mason jar except olive oil. Shake these ingredients, adding olive oil slowly, and shaking often.
- Let sit in fridge for an hour or so, and serve on any salad greens.
This is good. I also left out the egg substitute. I used only liquid honey in a greater amount than the called for sweetener, leaving out the sugar to be healthier and using organic apple cider vinegar in place of red wine vinegar for religious reasons, regular mustard, freshly ground black pepper (not white), garlic salt in a bit larger amount, leaving out the salt, and less extra virgin olive oil out of preference. Made for Veggie Swap #45 ~ April 2012 ~
I made for 2 and used whole grain mustard didn`t have any dry. Skipped the salt and egg. This was delish! Better then any French dressing I`ve ever had! Thanks!
Love when I find a new recipe for salad dressing! Just enough different to be added to my collection. Delicious sweet - tart, and great over a mixed greens. So good that I whipped up another last night. Didn't have the egg substitute on hand - other than that made a posted. A great combination that whisked up beautifully - the recipe added to my Salads Cookbook. Made for Partying The Diabetic Way.