Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of a number of historical recipes I am posting from my cookbook collection. This recipe is adapted from the Rumford Complete Cookbook. Pepper may be substituted for the paprika. Cook time is mixing time.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (optional)
- Combine salt and paprika (or pepper) in a shallow dish.
- Add mustard, if using.
- Pour in the oil and mix well.
- Beat in vinegar a little at a time, beating constantly.
- Serve immediately.
The age of this recipe caught my eye and I had to try it. I subbed pepper for the paprika and omitted the mustard. It tasted just like my Grandma's dressing. Very enjoyable! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8- France.