1/1 Photo of French Dips With Swiss
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Delicious and easy hot sandwich served with a dip of rich beef broth. Try it with potato chips and a dill pickle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat beef broth over low heat; keep warm.
- 2Melt butter in a small frying pan.
- 3Fry onion rings and optional bell pepper in butter until tender and slightly browned.
- 4Remove vegetables from the pan; keep warm.
- 5Add meat to the pan and heat throughly. (If there are any browned spots from the meat and vegetables left in the pan, you can deglaze the pan with a little bit of red wine and then add it to the broth for a tasty addition).
- 6Layer one slice of cheese, meat, veggies and another slice of cheese on French bread rolls.
- 7Cover with other half of roll.
- 8Place sandwiches back in pan over low heat, covered.
- 9Heat just until cheese is melted and bottom of rolls are toasted.
- 10Serve with warmed broth for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dips With Swiss
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.8 mg
- Sodium 427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 64.8 g