Delicious and easy hot sandwich served with a dip of rich beef broth. Try it with potato chips and a dill pickle.
- Heat beef broth over low heat; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan.
- Fry onion rings and optional bell pepper in butter until tender and slightly browned.
- Remove vegetables from the pan; keep warm.
- Add meat to the pan and heat throughly. (If there are any browned spots from the meat and vegetables left in the pan, you can deglaze the pan with a little bit of red wine and then add it to the broth for a tasty addition).
- Layer one slice of cheese, meat, veggies and another slice of cheese on French bread rolls.
- Cover with other half of roll.
- Place sandwiches back in pan over low heat, covered.
- Heat just until cheese is melted and bottom of rolls are toasted.
- Serve with warmed broth for dipping.