Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in the "Better homes and gardens" Crockpot cookbook. Something different to make in the crockpot and very good with just a salad.
- Trim fat from roast.
- If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3 1/2 to 6 quart crockpot.
- In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- drain off fat.
- Transfer meat to crockpot.
- Clean mushrooms; remove and discard stems.
- Cut mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices.
- Add to crockpot.
- Pour broth over meat and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or on high heat setting for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Thinly slice meat.
- Arrange meat, mushroom slices, and onion slices on toasted buns.
- Pour cooking juices into a measuring cup; skim off fat.
- Drizzle a little of the juices onto each sandwich and pour the remaining juices into bowls to serve with the sandwiches for dipping.
This recipe was so simple and so good. I put in an additional can of beef broth because I have 5 people, but I do not think it was really needed. All the kids were ready to run when they saw it cooking, but it was really quiet when they started eating, and it was all gone ; ) Thank you!!!
My husband was so happy I made this! I did make a few changes out of necessity! I used chicken broth instead of beef, left out the onion(my husband doesn't like onion) and served it over whole wheat bread. Thanks for a recipe I will use again!