Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I got this recipe from a lady I worked with years ago. This feeds a large crowd.
Make and share this French Dipped Sandwiches (Crock Pot Version) recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cut roast in half and place on top of onions.
- Combine water, soup mix, soy sauce, browning sauce and garlic.
- Pour over roast and cook 7-9 hours in slow cooker.
- Remove roast with slotted spoon and let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice in thin slices, across grain.
- Place on roll and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Skim fat from juices and serve as the juice as a dipping sauce for the sandwiches.
This was so easy and SO good! I love that the crock pot does all the work and you get a scrumptious meal! Rather then trying to slice it the meat was so tender it just pulled apart. I toasted my buns, put the meat on and used sliced swiss before melting under the broiler. This is a no fail meal and if you love french dips like we do you won't be disappointed! Thanks for sharing your recipe we'll enjoy again!:)
5 stars all the way , for ease of preparation and taste!!!!!!! Oh my goodness , I really didn't expect it to taste quite as good as it did! LOL I was afraid I'd miss my store bought packet Au Jus , but once I started dipping my sandwich in the juice from the crockpot , all thoughts of the store bought went out the window!!!!! LOL Absolutely wonderful and will definitely be a repeater at our house! Thanks for a GREAT recipe!!!
Oh now this is a great French Dip. The flavor of the meat is excellent. So easy to make also. I made PaulaG's Sourdough Dinner Rolls for this and it made soaking up the juices even better. I didn't change a thing except I shreaded the roast instead of slicing it. Thanks JQ for a great keeper.