Recipe by Jellyqueen
I got this recipe from a lady I worked with years ago. This feeds a large crowd.
Top Review by Breezytoo
This was so easy and SO good! I love that the crock pot does all the work and you get a scrumptious meal! Rather then trying to slice it the meat was so tender it just pulled apart. I toasted my buns, put the meat on and used sliced swiss before melting under the broiler. This is a no fail meal and if you love french dips like we do you won't be disappointed! Thanks for sharing your recipe we'll enjoy again!:)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons browning sauce
- 12 -14 French rolls, split
- 1 large boneless round roast
- 5 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cut roast in half and place on top of onions.
- Combine water, soup mix, soy sauce, browning sauce and garlic.
- Pour over roast and cook 7-9 hours in slow cooker.
- Remove roast with slotted spoon and let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice in thin slices, across grain.
- Place on roll and sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Skim fat from juices and serve as the juice as a dipping sauce for the sandwiches.