Recipe by Christine MT
A nice meal to come home to on a cold day!
Top Review by kamocean
AWESOME!!!! We love this! I raved so much about it, I had 4 co-workers ask me for the recipe without even trying it! The seasoning was perfect! Not too salty (I did use the lite soy sauce) and just absolutely wonderful! This will be a staple for sure!
- 3 lbs chuck roast (trimmed)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 8 French rolls, split (or your choice roll)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth; shred with forks and keep warm.
- Strain broth; skim off fat.
- Pour broth into small cups for dipping.
- Serve beef on rolls.