Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A nice meal to come home to on a cold day!
Make and share this French Dip Sandwiches (For Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chuck roast (trimmed)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 -4 peppercorns
- 8 French rolls, split (or your choice roll)
- Place roast in a slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce, and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth; shred with forks and keep warm.
- Strain broth; skim off fat.
- Pour broth into small cups for dipping.
- Serve beef on rolls.
AWESOME!!!! We love this! I raved so much about it, I had 4 co-workers ask me for the recipe without even trying it! The seasoning was perfect! Not too salty (I did use the lite soy sauce) and just absolutely wonderful! This will be a staple for sure!
I wished I could give this more than 5 stars!! It was delish! The whole family enjoyed it! I didn't have quite enough Soy Sauce (only had a little over 1/4 cup) so I added a pinch of ginger, a beef bullion cube, a little light corn syrup and a dash of red vinegar to sub. I was real iffy on the whole thing since I had to "experiment", but it all turned out fantastic! Thanks for sharing! Finally, I'm able to fix one of my favorite diner subs for myself and my family!
We really loved these sandwiches. It was hot and if I use the oven the whole place becomes a desert heat resort. I did add some worcestershire and left out the thyme as I didn't have any. This smelled so good while cooking and we had a hard time waiting. Thanks for a definate keeper.