Recipe by MarshHen
There are alot of recipes for French Dip Sandwiches using the crockpot, but this one is our favorite. It's a Judy Byrd recipe found on the Familynet website. We like these sandwiches on toasted hoagie rolls and topped with sliced provolone and seasoned steak fries.
Top Review by Nif
Very tasty and moist beef and the recipe is super simple. I would definitely make this again! We used Kaiser rolls instead of crunchier buns because DH likes them softer! Made for TYM Tag. Thanks! :)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -3 lb beef rump, sirloin tip or 1 -3 lb tri-tip roast
- 8 hoagie rolls, sliced and toasted
- sliced provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients into crockpot, stir well. Add roast, turn to coat. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove roast and allow to sit 10 minutes. Slice roast thinly. Remove bay leaf and pour Au Jus into individual serving dishes for dipping. Fill rolls with sliced meat and top with sliced provolone.