1/2 Photos of French Dip Sandwich
10 hrs 15 mins
French Dip Sandwiches, cooked in the Crock pot!! Delicious and so simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast, remove excess fat
- 2 -4 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (coat the roast)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 -8 French rolls
- 6 -8 slices cheese, I use provolone (=)
- 1Remove excess fat from roast. Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- 2Brown in heavy pan with 2 tbsp of oil. Brown on both sides.
- 3Place in crock pot.
- 4Mix together soy sauce, beef broth, water, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion.
- 5Pour mixture over roast.
- 6Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6. Cook until tender.
- 7Shred or chop meat. I have done it both ways -- I prefer to just chop it up.
- 8Strain remaining juice or don't (your preference).
- 9*Note* I usually chop the meat up after 8 hours and then add it back to the juice to cook for another 2 hours. So juicy, tender and moist!
- 10Assemble your sandwiches and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dip Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.5
- Calories from Fat 459
- Total Fat 51.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 279.0 mg
- Sodium 2840.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 96.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
whole black peppercorns