Recipe by Chef Jodi Town
Tender roast beef, double dipped in homemade au jus on a whole-grain roll with a crisp green salad. Another Eating for Life recipe.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Spring PAC 2014 and what an easy and delicious meal. I did cut the recipe down for DH and I, used leftover beef from lunch and used a home made dressing for the salad. Thank you for posting.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup newman's own light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 whole grain sandwich rolls, split
- 1 lb lean roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 8 cherry peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oul and heat for 1 minute. Add shallots and saute 2 minutes. All flour and saute 2 more minutes. Whisk in sherry and cook for 3 minutes.
- While whisking, slowly pour in beef comsomme. Bring to a boil over high heat, them reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Place salad greens in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette, toss to coat and season with black pepper. Divide into 4 salad bowls.
- Set our 4 dinner plates. Place a roll and a ramekin (or small cup) on each plate.
- Divide roast beef into 4 portions. Use tongs to dip a portion of roast beef into warm au jus sauce, place inside roll and sprinkle with steak seasoning.
- Fill ramekins with extra au jus for dipping. Place 2 cherry peppers on each plate. Serve and enjoy!