1 hr 5 mins
Quick Dinner that tastes like you've cooked for hours!! I use it weeknights
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 1 onion
- 1 lb sliced roast beef (from deli)
- 6 ounces mixed sargento shredded italian cheese mixed with Fontina cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can progresso vegetable classics French onion soup
- 1The Sandwich.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Saute onion until soft.
- 4Unroll loaf of dough.
- 5Place half of roast beef slices over dough to within 1/2 inch of 1 long side.
- 6Top with sauteed onions.
- 7Sprinkle with mixed shredded cheese.
- 8Top with remaining roast beef.
- 9Starting on long side with filling, roll up.
- 10Press seam firmly to seal.
- 11Place diagonally seam side down on ungreased 15x10-inch pan w/ sides.
- 12In small bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons of the butter until melted.
- 13Brush over loaf; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 14Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cover with aluminum foil; bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 15The Sauce.
- 16In 2-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 17Stir in flour with wire whisk. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 18Stir in soup with wire whisk.
- 19Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 20Reduce to simmer; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 21Serve the "sandwich"with the sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dip Roll
Serving Size: 1 (562 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1016.9
- Calories from Fat 481
- Total Fat 53.5 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 231.7 mg
- Sodium 2735.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 72.3 g