Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick Dinner that tastes like you've cooked for hours!! I use it weeknights
- 1 (10 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 1 onion
- 1 lb sliced roast beef (from deli)
- 6 ounces mixed sargento shredded italian cheese mixed with Fontina cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) canprogresso vegetable classics French onion soup
- The Sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Unroll loaf of dough.
- Place half of roast beef slices over dough to within 1/2 inch of 1 long side.
- Top with sauteed onions.
- Sprinkle with mixed shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining roast beef.
- Starting on long side with filling, roll up.
- Press seam firmly to seal.
- Place diagonally seam side down on ungreased 15x10-inch pan w/ sides.
- In small bowl, microwave 2 tablespoons of the butter until melted.
- Brush over loaf; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cover with aluminum foil; bake an additional 10 minutes.
- The Sauce.
- In 2-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour with wire whisk. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in soup with wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to simmer; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the "sandwich"with the sauce on the side.