Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy, easy, easy! Restaurant quality sandwiches. Recipe found on another website.
Make and share this French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1 package au jus mix (dry)
- 1 package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 can water
- Spray crockpot with non stick spray.
- Place roast in crockpot.
- Combine all other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Shred beef and trim fat.
- Place meat back in juice.
- Serve on French rolls.
- Fill rolls with beef and add a little beef juice to sandwich.
Yep, it's a winner, Marie!! I had some left-over roast beef, so I "short circuited" the process on top of the range. Took Bekah's advice and add less Italian Dressing. Delicious Sunday night supper!
My mother-in-law makes these, they are easy and tasty. We usually use low-sodium beef broth because this is not a low-sodium dish and a whole can of water instead of 1/2.
These was quite good. The juice was a too salty for us and next time I will use only 1/2 packet of the italian dressing. This came together very easily, smelled awesome cooking and the roast just fell apart after 9 hours on low. I served this on crusty french rolls with onions and provelone cheese. Thanks!