Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This beef comes out tender and flavorful and makes great French Dip sandwiches! I think one of the reasons it comes out so delicious is the secret ingredient...Beer :)
- 1360.77-1814.36 g beef bottom round steaks or 1360.77-1814.36 g rump roast
- 2 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 can beef broth
- 340.19 g can beer
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 12 italian rolls or 12 kaiser rolls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan.
- Combine soup mix, broth and beer in a bowl and stir until soup mix is dissolved.
- Pour over roast and place onions around it.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours, basting frequently, or until beef is tender and looks stringy when pulled with a fork.
- If roast starts getting too crispy, cover pan with foil or lid.
- Slice meat thinly and serve on rolls.
- Serve juices in individual cups or bowls to dip sandwiches into.
This recipe was a hit with the kids and the hubby. I made one simple change though-- I cooked this in the crock pot. (Gotta love that crock pot!!) The beef was very tender and the au jus was flavorful.
Great recipe! I used a 4 lb rump roast and made it in a crockpot. Easy and good!
This is a very good recipe! I like the fact that the au juice is not as salty as a lot I've had.The beef was tender and the au juice is very flavorful.I served this with potato salad and jello for a nice easy meal after the busy Thanksgiving week-end.