This beef comes out tender and flavorful and makes great French Dip sandwiches! I think one of the reasons it comes out so delicious is the secret ingredient...Beer :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place roast in a large roasting pan.
- Combine soup mix, broth and beer in a bowl and stir until soup mix is dissolved.
- Pour over roast and place onions around it.
- Bake for 2 to 3 hours, basting frequently, or until beef is tender and looks stringy when pulled with a fork.
- If roast starts getting too crispy, cover pan with foil or lid.
- Slice meat thinly and serve on rolls.
- Serve juices in individual cups or bowls to dip sandwiches into.