This is one of the best recipes I've come up with for beef roast. The cheapest cuts come out tasting like you slaved over a stove all day long. You can add potatoes and carrots to the recipe if you like, or shred it and serve it as a French Dip sandwich with the au jus juice from the crock pot on the side. If you are watching your sodium, use the lite soy sauce and it will taste just as delicious.
- Place roast in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.
- Cook, covered, on LOW for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Remove roast, reserving broth.
- You may shred roast with a fork and serve on sandwich rolls with the broth on the side for dipping.