1/2 Photos of French Dip - Quick & Easy
From Rachel Ray, the quickest way to whip up a French Dip
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 ounces dry sherry (optional)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef consomme, found on broth and soups aisle or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1/2 lbs sliced deli roast beef
- montreal steak seasoning (Grill seasoning blend for steak) or coarse salt and pepper
- 4 torpedo sandwich buns, split
- 1In a large, shallow skillet over moderate heat, melt butter.
- 2Add shallots to butter and saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add flour to butter and shallot and cook a minute longer.
- 4Whisk in sherry and cook liquid out.
- 5Whisk in consomme in a slow stream.
- 6Bring sauce to a bubble and allow to simmer over low heat until ready to serve sandwiches.
- 7Pile meat loosely across your cutting board or a large work surface.
- 8Season meat with grill seasoning or salt and black pepper.
- 9Set out 4 ramekins or small soup cups for dipping sauce, 4 dinner plates and 4 split torpedo rolls.
- 10To assemble, using a pair of kitchen tongs, dip meat into loose au jus sauce and pile into rolls.
- 11Set ramekins or cups with extra dipping sauce along side the sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dip - Quick & Easy
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 3152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 38.8 g