Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds really good. and easy too!
- 59.16 ml butter, softened
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 453.59 g sliced roast beef
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 4 sections
- 113.39 g sliced monterey jack pepper cheese
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the cornstarch and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the beef broth.
- Add the roast beef to the sauce and warm over low heat.
- Preheat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on the split sides of the baguette sections. Using tongs, top half the sections with the warm roast beef, reserving the sauce. Top with the cheese and the remaining baguette sections. Place the 4 panini on the hot pan. Weigh down with a heavy skillet and cook for 2 minutes, then flip the panini and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the panini from the heat and divide the sauce among 4 small bowls for dipping.
Wonderful roast beef sandwich with tasty au jus!! Made this as written except for scaling it back for one serving and using provolone cheese. This is something I need to add to my lunch rotations!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
I used the Zaar adjustment to make one sandwich with leftover Perfect Medium Rare Prime Rib Roast on 1 submarine roll. I used plain monterey jack cheese and leftover beef au jus in place of beef broth. This was a great sandwich to enjoy. Thanks for posting Ludwigj. Made for PAC Spring 2010
Delicious!! Used English Toasting Bread from the bakery Dept. and used provolone