1/4 Photos of French Dip-Crock Pot Recipe
10 hrs 5 mins
A really nice fireside supper for friends. Taste the Aus Jus first to make sure it's really "beefy" and add another bouillon packet if needed. Edit--if "heat bothers you" start with 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- 2Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
- 3Remove the meat from the crock pot and place on a deep plate-to collect juices.
- 4Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
- 5Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
- 6Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
- 7(Remember to add the juices that drain off the meat).
- 8Heat Hoaggie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
- 9Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual ramekins.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dip-Crock Pot Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.1
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 521.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 60.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: