A really nice fireside supper for friends. Taste the Aus Jus first to make sure it's really "beefy" and add another bouillon packet if needed. Edit--if "heat bothers you" start with 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
- Remove the meat from the crock pot and place on a deep plate-to collect juices.
- Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
- Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
- Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
- (Remember to add the juices that drain off the meat).
- Heat Hoaggie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
- Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual ramekins.