Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
A bit different twist on the ordinary burger. I wish I would of thought of this earlier; it's quite tasty.
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 slices French bread, cut on the diagonal (1/2 inch thick)
- Heat grill.
- Mix 1 cup water and 2 tbsp soup mix in 1 quart saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer while making and grilling patties.
- In medium bowl, mix 2 tbsp water and the remaining soup mix until well blended.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Shape into 4 oval patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Place patties on grill, cover grill.
- Cook with medium heat 11 to 13 minutes, turning once, until thermometer reads 160°F.
- During last 2 minutes place bread slices on grill; cook 1 to 2 minutes, turning once, until lightly toasted.
- To serve, place each patty between 2 slices french bread.
- Serve with hot broth for dipping.
Very, very good. Made the recipe to a tee. Will defineately make again. Thanks!!