1/3 Photos of French Dip Beef Sandwich
2 hrs 15 mins
I used to make these when my boys were growing up. I just re-discovered it again.You will love it.I promise it will be a hit.Serve with fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add lots of pepper to roast.
- 2Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Demi-glace mix.
- 3Place roast uncovered in 400* preheated oven.
- 4Cook for 1 hour. Turn oven off; let sit another hour in oven.
- 5Remove from oven and let sit 1/2 hour.
- 6Store drippings from the roast to add later.
- 7Thinly slice the roast. If serving the next day, place covered in refrigerator.
- 8Do not worry if your meat is no well done it will keep cooking in the broth.
- 9To serve:.
- 10In slow cooker heat up, consommé, water,remaining Demi-glace and drippings from roast on High. Add beef slices.Let it sit until it is ready to eat.
- 11To serve remove beef from au jus and place in a bowl.
- 12Ladle au jus in individual containers for each guest to dip his sandwich.
- 14Used baguette, french bread or hoagy buns to make the sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dip Beef Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 1379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 71.0 g