Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Leftover beef roast? Not anymore, here is a quick and easy way to use up that roast.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover chuck roast, shredded
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper
- 4 French rolls
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover and simmer one hour.
- Serve meat on French rolls with broth in small cups for dipping.
I used leftover prime rib roast and followed recipe exactly. Better than restaurant french dip sandwiches. Wonderful flavor. This one is a keeper.
I had a chuck round roast and wanted to make french dips, so I tossed everything except 1/2 the water into the crock pot and it is soooo good! I will turn the crock pot back on tomorrow for extra tender meat, I really didn't want to wait for them, but I know it will be worth it.
WOW, this was really good. I used just regualr shaved steak because it was what we had. The flavoring was wonderful....Everyone enjoyed it. I did add 2 TBSP of cornstarch to the broth after I took the meat out to make it a little thicker (we like gravy) very good and will make again