1/2 Photos of French Dinner Rolls
Finely crusted, with a soft chewy center, airy yet substantial, these rolls are a delicately hearty favorite with any meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix warm water, yeast, sugar, and honey. Let stand until foamy, 5-10 minutes.
- 2To the yeast mixture, add olive oil, salt, and 2 cups flour. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough holds together.
- 3Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. (Dough will be loose and sticky, but not too sticky).
- 4Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, (I cut it like a pizza, halved then quartered and so on, so they all come out equal) and form into round balls. Place on lightly greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth, and let rise until doubled again, about 40 minutes.
- 7Brush the tops with egg white. (Feel free to use your fingers, just don't press too hard).
- 8Bake 10-12 minute until golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g