Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posting the recipe for safe keeping. This was a recipe Melissa d'Arabian made for $10 Dollar Dinners. Sounds delcious. I would grill the steak, weather permitting, then serve as directed.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb skirt steak, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup beef stock (or broth)
- In a small bowl, combine spices and salt and pepper. Liberally season the steak with the rub and let rest 15 minutes on the counter.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Add onions, season and cook until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon butter over high heat. Place steaks in the pan and sear until nicely browned, about 3 minute per side for medium-rare. Remove pan to plate to rest 10 minutes.
- Place the saute pan over high heat and deglaze with wine and vinegar until reduced by 1/2. Add onions to the pan with beef broth and reduce by half. Salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Slice steak and fan to serve. Top with sauce.
I didn't grill these, although I wanted to. But I wanted to try the recipe as posted first, and I wasn't disappointed. I'd reduce the cooking time a bit, and maybe use half onions and half mushrooms next time....love that combination. As posted, a delicious steak meal. Another winner from diner!