Recipe by *Alia*
These are best while still warm.
Top Review by paynetamaz
These were so good! My hubby, who is the world's biggest cruller fan, went crazy for them! My only suggestion is to eat them hot. They just aren't as good when they cool off. Believe me, it won't be a hardship to finish them!
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, salt, shortening, and boiling water in a saucepan.
- Mix and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add flour all at once and mix and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Force mixture through pastry tube onto greased paper, forming circles.
- Heat deep fat to 375 degrees F on frying thermometer.
- Carefully turn paper upside down so crullers will drop into fat.
- Fry and flip over until golden brown.