1/1 Photo of French Crepes
domestic god's Note:
A quick and easy recipe for real crepes. Use with sweet fillings. Time does not include the 30-minute rest for the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well. Pour in the slightly beaten eggs into the well. Stir with a fork until mixed.
- 2Stir in the rum. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly with a fork. The batter should be smooth, so any lumps need to the broken up and blended inches Let the batter sit for 30 minutes before proceeding.
- 3Brush a crepe or heavy frying pan (any size) with melted butter.
- 4When the pan is hot, pour in just enough batter to thinly cover the bottom of the pan. Tilt the pan so the base is completely covered with batter. Cook crepe until golden on the bottom (1 minute or so). Flip with a metal spatula, and cook until the second side is golden.
- 5Transfer crepe to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 6Repeat the cooking process until the batter is used.
- 7Unfilled crepes can be well wrapped and frozen.
- 8The recipe can be halved, but then use only two eggs.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.1 mg
- Sodium 68.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g