1/1 Photo of French Cream Crepes With Raspberry Sauce
I first made this for Girl Scout Thinking Day in 92 or 93. I made over 300 of them! Somewhere along the line I lost the cookbook, but then a friend of mine had the exact same cookbook and let me have it! I'm posting it here so I don't loose it again. I made them again for a NYE party to ring in 2011, they're just as great as I remember them! The parts can be made the day before and assembled right before needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Filling:.
- 2In saucepan, combine sugar and flour and stir in milk.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- 4In small bowl beat 4 eggs.
- 5Stir in a small amount of hot mix into beaten eggs, then pour eggs into pan and stir.
- 6Keep cooking over low heat stirring constantly for about 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir in butter and vanilla and set pan aside to cool.
- 9Thaw raspberries.
- 10Heat fruit to get juice started (or microwave),
- 11Combine sugar and cornstarch and stir into fruit.
- 12Cook over low heat, stirring until thick.
- 15Put a spoonful of filing in crepe and fold in favorite pattern.
- 16Top with a spoonful of warm sauce.
- 17I've made all the parts a day or two before, and assembled later with great results.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Cream Crepes With Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: