Recipe by Buzymomof3
I first made this for Girl Scout Thinking Day in 92 or 93. I made over 300 of them! Somewhere along the line I lost the cookbook, but then a friend of mine had the exact same cookbook and let me have it! I'm posting it here so I don't loose it again. I made them again for a NYE party to ring in 2011, they're just as great as I remember them! The parts can be made the day before and assembled right before needed.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Very easy to make. They are a bit too sweet for me, I would prefer a cheese filling, but I made them for a party and everyone else thought they were wonderful. None were left which is always a good sign. They turned out perfect.
Made for PAC 2011 ~
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 pre-made crepes
Directions See How It's Made
- For Filling:.
- In saucepan, combine sugar and flour and stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- In small bowl beat 4 eggs.
- Stir in a small amount of hot mix into beaten eggs, then pour eggs into pan and stir.
- Keep cooking over low heat stirring constantly for about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in butter and vanilla and set pan aside to cool.
- Thaw raspberries.
- Heat fruit to get juice started (or microwave),
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and stir into fruit.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until thick.
- Put a spoonful of filing in crepe and fold in favorite pattern.
- Top with a spoonful of warm sauce.
- I've made all the parts a day or two before, and assembled later with great results.