1/1 Photo of French Cream Crepes With Raspberry Sauce
I first made this for Girl Scout Thinking Day in 92 or 93. I made over 300 of them! Somewhere along the line I lost the cookbook, but then a friend of mine had the exact same cookbook and let me have it! I'm posting it here so I don't loose it again. I made them again for a NYE party to ring in 2011, they're just as great as I remember them! The parts can be made the day before and assembled right before needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Filling:.
- 2In saucepan, combine sugar and flour and stir in milk.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- 4In small bowl beat 4 eggs.
- 5Stir in a small amount of hot mix into beaten eggs, then pour eggs into pan and stir.
- 6Keep cooking over low heat stirring constantly for about 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir in butter and vanilla and set pan aside to cool.
- 9Thaw raspberries.
- 10Heat fruit to get juice started (or microwave),
- 11Combine sugar and cornstarch and stir into fruit.
- 12Cook over low heat, stirring until thick.
- 15Put a spoonful of filing in crepe and fold in favorite pattern.
- 16Top with a spoonful of warm sauce.
- 17I've made all the parts a day or two before, and assembled later with great results.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Cream Crepes With Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 61.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: