Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another recipe from ,"The Saturday Evening Post, Family Cookbook".
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil, corn oil or 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash black pepper
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Blend the remaining ingredients.
- (the dressing can be thinned with small amount of milk, if desired).
I made this dressing for a BBQ last night and prepared it exactly as written. We had a group of 14 and everyone loved the flavor of this dressing. Per request, I had a sort of mini cooking class in my kitchen teaching some of them how to make it and sent them home with their own little bottle of it. The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is because I cannot have cream cheese so, I could not taste it myself. Thanks for another recipe, SimpleMom!