Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A nice, slightly tart version of an apple pie. I found it on the Pillsbury web site.
- 1 pie crust, 9 in pie
- 4 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup backed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- IN large bowl, combine apples and cranberries.
- In a small bowl combine all remaining filling ingredients and mex well.
- Add dry ingredients to fruit: toss to coat.
- Pour filling it pie crust.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
- In small bowl, combine flour and all topping ingredients except margarine and pecans.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter until crumbly Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375°F for 45-55 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust and topping are golden brown.
- Cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
This is a really delicious pie - the tartness of the cranberries with the sweet streusel topping is perfect ! I used Granny Smith apples, and brown sugar for both the filling and the topping. I tossed in cranberries right out of the freezer. Wonderful results for just a little effort - thank you very much for sharing this recipe !