Recipe by Debi
Interesting but tasty mix of cucumber, grapefruit, crab and yogurt. Serve with a crusty bread and a crisp cold Chardonnay for a nice hot summers day meal.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and sliced in half moons lengthwise then sliced into thin half moons
- 1 pink grapefruit, cut into segments
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas, steamed until just done
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the lime juice, lime zest, oil and a few dashes of tabasco sauce. Season with salt & white pepper.
- Place the crab in a bowl and fold in 3 Tbsp of the yogurt dressing.
- Stir the vinegar into the remaining yogurt dressing. Fold in the cucumber, grapefruit and peas.
- Spoon the salad onto plates, top with crab and serve.