Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quick and tasty mussel dish. The juices must be sopped up with a good french bread. Serves 4 but 2 can handle it with no problem usually.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley (or cilantro)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 lbs cleaned mussels
- Heat oil in 8 quart pot and cook garlic and onion until browned, about 5 minutes Add tomatoes, parsley and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add mussels, toss well, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally Serve in a bowl with crusty french bread to soak up the juices.
Absolutely fantastic. Living on Cape Cod, we have access to many mussel beds and I can't wait until late Spring and Summer to go "musselling" and invite family over for a feast. Don't change this recipe one iota.
I feel like I just cooked a high end restaurant seafood entree. I used frozen mussels. Is that a bad thing? This recipe is so easy to put together and tastes great. I
These mussels were really great! Love the garlic and tomato broth, had no parsley so subed with green onion tops just for colour, the wine added a nice zip to it. Very delicious and we will be doing these again, thanks Tebo!!!