Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a hearty stew and it's so easy to make. This is nice for a quick supper or lunch for a busy person. It looks and tastes like you put a lot of time in it.
Top Review by Girl from India
This was really very hearty and had nice flavours. DS did not like it but DH and me did. I used fresh tomatoes, and dried kidney beans soaked in water and cooked,cheddar cheese and no salt. Thanks for a different meal - :) Fay
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until almost crisp.
- Add chicken, garlic, onion, and thyme. Cook and stir until onion and garlic are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour off drippings.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.