Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a hearty stew and it's so easy to make. This is nice for a quick supper or lunch for a busy person. It looks and tastes like you put a lot of time in it.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, diced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Cook and stir bacon in large skillet over medium high heat until almost crisp.
- Add chicken, garlic, onion, and thyme. Cook and stir until onion and garlic are soft, about 5 minutes. Pour off drippings.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
This was really very hearty and had nice flavours. DS did not like it but DH and me did. I used fresh tomatoes, and dried kidney beans soaked in water and cooked,cheddar cheese and no salt. Thanks for a different meal - :) Fay