Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Baked lemon chicken, incredibly moist and flavorful and really easy.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- Combine all ingredients (except roaster) to make the butter mixture.
- Loosen the skin of the roaster around the breast.
- Place the butter mixture under the skin.
- Butter the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place the roaster in a roasting pan.
- Put salt and pepper on top of the roaster and brush a little olive oil on the outside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F, when it is preheated place the roaster in the over and immediately turn the temperature down to 325°F.
- Roast until juices run clear.