- 453.59-907.18 g stewing beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 59.14 ml flour
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2 (822.13 g) can stewed tomatoes
- 396.89 g can beef broth
- 4-5 medium carrots, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2-3 medium potatoes, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3.69 ml thyme
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat and flour in plastic bag; toss to coat evenly.
- Brown meat in oil in 6-quart pot. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, except mustard.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender. Blend in mustard.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty French bread, if desired.