1 hr 10 mins
CHEF GRPA's Note:
This came from www.delmonte.com , and I think it is good !!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb stewing beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 -5 medium carrots, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Combine meat and flour in plastic bag; toss to coat evenly.
- 2Brown meat in oil in 6-quart pot. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, except mustard.
- 4Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender. Blend in mustard.
- 5Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty French bread, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Country Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 665.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 20.9 g