- 1 -2 lb stewing beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 4 -5 medium carrots, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 -3 medium potatoes, pared, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat and flour in plastic bag; toss to coat evenly.
- Brown meat in oil in 6-quart pot. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, except mustard.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender. Blend in mustard.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with warm crusty French bread, if desired.