Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
There is NO coffee in this I guess its just named weird. LOL. These are baked in mini muffin tins then rolled in cinnamon and sugar.
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and the sugar together.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Mix the sour cream and egg together.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture. Don't overmix.
- Fill miniature muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon to your taste.
- Melt butter.
- Remove puffs from tins.
- Roll in melted butter then in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Delicious little goodies with a really nice tender crumb. Simple and quick to make. I started out dipping the whole puff in butter and about half way through, was only dipping the top, to save on some calories and fat. Thought they tasted just as good that way. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Got this recipe from my mother who added golden raisens. These are awesome and get eaten quickly they are that good!! Makes a great gift yoo!!
I know this as French Breakfast Puffs and they are fantastic and made with kitchen staples.