Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from an Episcopal Church cookbook on a visit to St. John's/Divine in NYC. The cake is very good and not real sweet.
- Sift flour, soda and baking powder together.
- Cream sugar and margarine together.
- and beat in eggs.
- Add 1/4 of flour mixture and 1/3 of sour cream; continue to alternate.
- and cream until blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients, pour 1/3 batter into pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 filling over batter.
- Add another 1/3 batter and remaining filling.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Marble with knife.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minute Dust with powdered sugar when cool.
- 12 servings.
Nice cake. Thanks.
Delicious! Wow, turned out moist and tasty for me, and looked beautiful on a tray with other sliced loaf-type coffee cakes. I added about a half cup of mini-chocolate chips and a crumb topping. I received rave reviews when I brought it to work and will be using this recipe over and over again. Thank you so much for posting it.....
Meh. It's not that this wasn't good, it's just that for a coffee cake, it wasn't overly moist. I think the problem was baking it in a loaf pan as the edges were done LONG before the middle, so when the middle finally caught up, the sides were overdone. I liked the cocoa/sugar/inst. coffee filling, but I think I would use it to switch things up in my usual cinnamon coffee cake before I would repeat this recipe. Sorry.