Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Good Ol' Paula Deen
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) canshredded sweetened coconut (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, flour, sugar, coconut, and milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake until firm, about 45 to 60 minute.
I made this for my mom for Mother's Day. It was exactly what she wanted--"a baked coconut pie, not a coconut cream pie." She loved it!! They don't sell shredded coconut in a can at my local grocery store, so I used 1 cup of angel flake from a bag, and it worked perfectly. Thanks for a great recipe. I'm sure I'll be making this one again.
My daughters and I loved this. It's super easy and very yummy. It took 60 minutes in my oven. Thanks for posting.
This was my first homemade pie and it was excellent. Very simple to make and delicious. Mine was done in 40 mins. Great recipe.