Recipe by Crabbycakes
This is a Pillsbury Bake-Off winner recipe from Betty Marx Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 38th Bake-Off Contest, 1998
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury moist supreme French vanilla cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (15 ounce) canpillsbury creamy supreme coconut pecan frosting
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 15x10-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- *Place melted butter in large bowl.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cake mix; set aside.
- Add remaining cake mix to butter; blend well.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in oats.
- Press 2/3 of cake mix mixture (about 2 1/2 cups) in bottom of sprayed pan.
- Place frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add reserved 3 tablespoons cake mix; stir until large lumps disappear.
- Drizzle half of frosting mixture over cake mix mixture in pan; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drizzle with remaining frosting mixture.
- Crumble remaining cake mix mixture over frosting mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly.
- Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- High Altitude Instructions: No change.
- Tips: *To prevent spills during baking, use pan with at least 1-inch sides.