2 hrs 30 mins
This is a Pillsbury Bake-Off winner recipe from Betty Marx Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 38th Bake-Off Contest, 1998
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pillsbury moist supreme French vanilla cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can pillsbury creamy supreme coconut pecan frosting
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 15x10-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3*Place melted butter in large bowl.
- 4Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cake mix; set aside.
- 5Add remaining cake mix to butter; blend well.
- 6Add egg; mix well.
- 7Stir in oats.
- 8Press 2/3 of cake mix mixture (about 2 1/2 cups) in bottom of sprayed pan.
- 9Place frosting in medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- 10Add reserved 3 tablespoons cake mix; stir until large lumps disappear.
- 11Drizzle half of frosting mixture over cake mix mixture in pan; spread evenly.
- 12Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- 13Drizzle with remaining frosting mixture.
- 14Crumble remaining cake mix mixture over frosting mixture.
- 15Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly.
- 16Cool 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
- 17Cut into bars.
- 18High Altitude Instructions: No change.
- 19Tips: *To prevent spills during baking, use pan with at least 1-inch sides.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Coconut Pecan Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1768 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 111.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g