1/1 Photo of French Citrus ( Lemon) Tart Filling
This is the basic old French lemon tart filling which I recalled from my childhood -it took me years to find it. Unlike most lemon tart filling recipes out there,this is clearer in content and is thickened through heating I buy my pastry cases so have not included a recipe for them-thin to med thickness, semi sweet, pastry cases work best
My Private Note
small t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar then slowly add juice of 2 lemons.
- 2plus zest ( finely grated skins)
- 3Slowly add melted butter then place all ingredients back into a medium heated pot and stir until mixture thickens and appears creamy in texture.
- 4You are now ready to fill your pastry cases.
- 5I put my filled tarts in a medium heated oven for 5 mins to bind the tart and casing although it can be eaten if the casings are precooked.
- 6-Note the egg white is not used but can be added if desired by beating whites untill stiff then adding a few tbsps of sugar slowly.When of meringue consistency pipe rings around the outside of the pastry shell or if desired make small peaks over the top of the lemon mix.this addition works best when you are using home made pastry cases as it requires slightly longer cooking at a lower temperature.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Citrus ( Lemon) Tart Filling
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.0 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g