Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not sure what makes them "french", but nevertheless they are certainly tasty little morsels.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and mace, stirring well then set aside.
- In large mixing bowl cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, mixing well.
- Add reserved dry ingredients and milk alternately.
- Spoon mixture into greased mini muffin pan filling about half way.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 2 minutes.
- While muffins are still warm dip in melted butter then gently roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve warm.
- While muffins are baking combine sugar and cinnamon in bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- In seperate bowl melt butter.