Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes to you from the French Classics, Richard Grausman. Made with Grand Marnier. For the ZWT3. A light chocolate souffle. You may omit the Grand Marnier and theorange zest if you choose. Enjoy!
- butter, for souffle mold
- granulated sugar, for souffle mold
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Butter and sugar a 4-cup souffle mold.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Remove from heat once melted and whisk in the egg yolks, then pour into a large bowl. Stir in Grand Marnier and orange zest if desired.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tarter in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate with a whisk. With a rubber spatula, fold the remaining egg whites into the chocolate.
- Pour into prepared souffle mold and level with a spatula.
- Bake souffle on the lowest rack of the oven for 5 minutes. Lower the temperature to 425 and bake another 4-5 minutes, until the souffle has risen halfway above the top of the mold and is springy to the touch.
- Dust with the confectioners' sugar.
- Serve immediately.