Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Connie's recipe from family collection.
- 0.5 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- Crush 1/2 box of vanilla wafer in blender. Combine crushed wafers with chopped walnuts and 3 TBSP melted butter. Pat into 8" pie pan and bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool.
- For filling, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks, melted chocolate square and vanilla. In separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture. Fill cooled pie crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Beat whipping cream with sugar, to taste, until soft peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream.
- To make a higher pie, use the ingredients in the recipe 1.5 times.