Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fast, easy, and cheap French cake. It keeps a week, and is better when a little old. If I want to dress it up, I serve it with creme anglaise or whipped cream. Recipe originally from one of my adult students, Yves.
- Spray a 9 or 10" pan, ideally a springform, with cooking spray.
- Combine egg whites, sugar and vanilla, add and stir in cocoa, flour and baking powder.
- Stir in apple sauce.
- Carefully stir in the cubed pears, (count out 6 half-pears, eat any extras).
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake at 350° for about 45 minutes.
- Cool and unmold, dust with cocoa and/or powdered sugar to decorate.